Introduction to the Healthy Business Series: Is Your Business Healthy?
How do you know if your business is healthy? Is it enough to generate adequate earnings, or are their additional measures that can help a business owner improve the performance of their firm and outstrip competitors?
This is the first in a series of blogs on performance benchmarking and the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to improve competitive performance.
The “Is Your Business Healthy” series outline includes:
- What is a KPI?
- Which KPIs are best for you/?
- Can KPIs be automated?
- What are the main types of financial ratios?
- What do healthy businesses look like to clients and vendors?
- What is performance benchmarking?
- How does performance benchmarking give my firm a competitive edge?
- Business Health Assessment: combining quantitative and qualitative analysis
- What are some benefits of an annual Business Health Assessment?
- How can the results of a Business Health Assessment be used?
- Business Health Assessment: Summary and next steps
I will try to provide one blog per week for the next few months. Let me know which blogs are the most helpful to you!
Peter Busacca, MBA
About: Since 2001 Washington BBI has helped owners of small and mid-sized firms in Western Washington to build benchmark performance, create sustainable profits, exit plan, and buy or sell firms.